[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hi from Sweden!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi from Sweden!

Moderator: duey

<<

DMon

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:21 am

Hi from Sweden!

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniel and I´m a 25 year old guy from a smaller town in the middle of Sweden. I found this forum after I googled for pencil portraits and became really amazed by the drawings I found here. I've been reading posts here for about a month have now decided to join up.

Im currently a college student studying computer engineering and economics (Im graduating in only a few weeks).

I've only been drawing for about two months and still have a lot to learn. I used to draw a lot of cartoons when I was about ten to twelve years old but then I suddenly stoped for reasons I can't remember. Recently when i needed a way to relax from my graduatiion studies I decided to draw a graphite portrait of Jack Nicholson. After that I was stuck and drove more and more and each portrait became a little bit better and it was so relaxing and funny that I couldn't stop.

My interests are besides drawing snowboarding, skiing, travelling, all kinds of technology, fishing and hiking.

I am currently planning a road trip through USA with one of my friends this summer, feel free to recommend places to visit :)

Sorry for my english btw.
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri May 30, 2008 11:33 am

welcome dan, you found a good place to learn some new tricks for drawing. duey has tutorials to look at, and critiques on the forum will help shed some light as well, ive been on here for bout 2 months and have already learned more than i knew 5 yrs ago.

btw, ever heard of new harmony? its a historic town built to be a "utopia" on the wabash river in southern indiana... its a good place to visit, either that or old economy in pennsylvania, which is the old version of new harmony. ive been to both, i live in new harmony all my life, and everytime someone wants a interesting place to visit i always help the small town by refering it.
<<

DMon

Post Fri May 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Yes I know, dueys tutorials and drawings are amazing!
My favorite one is the Natalie Portman portrait.

Thank you for the recommendation about new harmony, I love historical towns and structures. (wasn't harmony a part of a simpsons episode?)
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey, and welcome, I had a dentist from Sweden she went went back though name was Inga, can't wait see some your work, visit The Great Smoky Mountains just, Mnt Rushmore , I've never been but my dad has and heard it's great, Builtmore Estate in Ashville, North Carolina, and also a drawing of it in my drawings post in the drawings section, Giant Red woods in Califorina would be awesome, the Great Lakes, and many others. Oh and don't worry too much about your english, it's my native tongue and see how I use it lol.
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat May 31, 2008 1:03 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 am

<<

DMon

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:07 pm

Return to Welcome