[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - hihi, i need a teensy bit of help
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hihi, i need a teensy bit of help

Moderator: duey

<<

QuackHoover

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:49 am

hihi, i need a teensy bit of help

hi
well, that was easy

ok, so i draw a bit, and i've been drawing for about three years now, but i started drawing anime, went to comic book drawing, and now i have decided to go with realisticness
contrary to what my friends have been telling me, i didn't take art this year (i'm in senior at school) because i think that school art seems to be more about the paintint, and the 'do it the teahcers way or else', whereas my ultimate art class would be sitting in a nice comfy chair somewhere for three hours with an ipod

i did some of the tutorials on this site, and they really helped, but i was just wondering, since this'll be my first proper real drawing, should i try for something easy, or just go with a picture of a person i like

and also, is dark stuff easier to draw than light stuff, coz i was looking at some of these pictures, and blonde hair seems to be easier than dark hair, i dont know why, it just looks that way
anything that anyone can say, that will help me would reeealy help
thanies :D
Vacu-DUCK
<<

theriver

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:14 pm

Welcome! If this is your first portrait drawing, I would find a subject that has meaning to you, like family/friend or a celebrity you like. Drawing something I have no interest in bores me. Find a very big and clear reference picture. You could try something easy if you'd like.

Draw what you see. Pay attention to proportion, value, etc. I haven't been drawing that long so I don't have many tips, though I do find looking at other people's drawings helping me improve.

Good luck on your first portrait. As Duey says, draw what you started.

Return to Welcome