[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - New and getting older.
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New and getting older.

Moderator: duey

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:05 am

New and getting older.

Hi. I'm Dave from western Canada, a stone's throw from Washington State. I have loved drawing for many years. I have been drawing and painting for 40 years, and am still 'unknown', and may die that way. It changes nothing. People who are known may suffer from the expectations of others. Not much is expected of me. I like that.
I have recently gone back to pencils and paper, and am delighted to see that so many others are focusing on this medium, and related ones. As an untaught painter, I have never yet put together a method of note. I am tired of painting for nothing!
So, in pencil, both myself and others actually like what I do. I am, to this day, fascinated by how a "mere" pencil can produce such illusions. I am happy drawing. I would have discovered it even without high school art classes. But the feeling I got from the medium and from my instructor's encouragements ensured that I "kept at it".
I think I will try to upload one of my oldest ( that still remain) drawings.
Wish me luck- I could not upload an avatar.

This image is so big- I have no idea how to make and enlargeable thumbnail, which is probably what I'm supposed to do!

!
Last edited by crazy david on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:40 am

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:50 am

Hi Brendan and Amrit22 and everyone. Thanks for the info, Brendan. That fellow Duey put my avatar for me, and I only had to ask once! I read that someone else had succeeded that way, so I tried it!
I live near Vancouver, but said " Vancouver" 'cause where I live is small...
Last edited by crazy david on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:00 am

Re: New and getting older.

Welcome to the forum David. I think the majority of us will be unknowns, nothing wrong with that. We all do it because we enjoy doing it.

Yeah I am amazed at what can be done with such simple materials too. That's what attracted me to pencil drawing.

Very cool work you posted. I really like the first one a lot. Nice work.

Yep, I put your avatar up for you. :D
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:13 am

Last edited by crazy david on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:30 am

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:10 am

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:15 am

Duh! Will do!
Sorry Brendan- I had overlooked your question. Yes, it was supposed to be Mick Jagger. It was done on some very flimsy paper, and I hadn't seen it for decades, and then it appeared out of an envelope, and it 'took me back' to the good ole 'naive' days, when I just plain drew, without any thought of "for what" or "for who". I'd give a lot to have all my old stuff back- if I had a lot!
Ya-"symposium":A meeting or conference for the public discussion of some topic especially one in which the participants form an audience and make presentations.
I emailed the wife cause she's asleep- she actually works for a living. It's 1:51 a.m.- guess who's not working for a living!
Thanks, Huey, for your validating comment! Inside we are all so insecure, and that's where I hang out!
<<

amrit22

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:39 pm

Hey David, looks like you are pretty crazy eh? lol!

Welcome to the forum, I'd like to see more drawings by you!
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi Amrit22- Ya- pretty crazy. " Huey". Hm.
So, if you wanna see more drawings, you know where to look...'eh'.

Return to Welcome