[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Howdy!!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Howdy!!

Moderator: duey

<<

Ktulu

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:40 pm

Howdy!!

Just want to say howdy to everyone. I've been watching this site for a while now, and have been so impressed and inspired by the drawings posted. Wow! Some amazing talent out there.

I grew up in the shadow of a great artist. My Dad is an oil painter and graphic designer. He was a highschool art teacher, and has been offered college level positions too. He actually supported the family for almost a decade just from his paintings before he started his own graphics company back in the eighties. I have always dabbled around with drawing and sketching attempting to live up to my Dad's reputation somewhat. I've always felt that there is some raw unrefined talent in me somewhere, but I've never taken the time to really try to develop and tap into that talent. I just never had the patience. Too busy with sports and other activities.

Maybe it has to do with growing up a little, but recently I have been making serious attempts at spending my time to come up with drawings I can be proud of and actually know I spent my time on them. I have so much to learn and so much progress to make still.

I hope to be able to continue to progress some more. Hopefully I will get the courage to eventually post some of my work on here.

:oops:
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Welcome. Don't be shy to post work here. Even the better artists on the forum were amateurs at one point. Everyone starts somewhere.

My story is a lot like yours in that I always knew I had it in me but never took the time to learn. I'm glad you are getting back into art and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

I'd also be interested in seeing some of your father's work if he has a website.
<<

Ktulu

Post Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Duey Thanks for the welcome. My Dad doesn't have a website, but some of his work is out there on the net. It's been probably twenty years since he was active in the "professional art world" but once in a while I will google his name and find some gallery or another auctioning off one of his paintings.

To give you an idea though, I have an example here.

He was at my brothers house a year ago, and gave a try at using the Wacom tablet and Photoshop. This was his first attempt at a digital painting. He is an impressionist and this is pretty close to the his style.

Here is his second attempt at a digital painting using a wacom and photoshop.
I will try to get some more examples of his real paintings with his permission.

Return to Welcome