[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Greetings!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Greetings!

Moderator: duey

<<

Bren Gun

Brand New Member

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Greetings!

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Welcome Bren Gun. Glad to have you.
<<

Bren Gun

Brand New Member

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:18 pm

Thanks, duey! I've just read your bio on the main site and saw some more of your stuff. Looks damn good ;)

I got a question. Since I'm a beginner (who only randomly drew stuff in the far past as a kid and in highschool for forced standard assignments) but I have been a self-learner of many things and I can learn fast depending on how much time I devote to it and what subject it is and how it is explained or presented, how long would it take, on average, to finally be able to really draw cartoons decently (decent quality and at decent speed)?

I made a sketch today and showed it to a few people. Some could hardly recognize things on it! I made a random drawing of a desk that had an eraser (with icon and text), a manual pencil sharpener (with icon), a pen that had many little chipped out circles at the part where you hold it, an old little tablet package that had one tablet and was a bit curved and had these diagonal lines on it making little squares and it had the plastic holders and stuff a bit screwed up. Even tried to pay attention to detail, tried to put in simple shadows, but my skills...... Well, I'll post it when I have a chance to scan it.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:11 pm

Thank you. Well, I was a beginner in 2004. If you take a look at my galleries on the site, you can see how the improvement progressed. I was just like you, I doodled when I was a kid and through high school too. Just learn from whoever you can. These art forums are a great place to start. There's tons of information here and on other forums too.
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:45 pm

Your speed depends on the time you spend practicing. Ive gotten so much better in the past 2 months from this forum then all the years I sketched alone. Dont hesitate to post and take the critiques :)

welcome :D
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

Bren Gun

Brand New Member

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:12 am

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I haven't touched a pencil for many a moon past... well, actually just many days or something, heheh, as I was, and still am, occupied. It makes me wonder whether I must reclimb the ladder (at the beginning already!!!) with much effort. Then again I do not know if what I had was worth much to begin WITH.

I shall attempt to provide a scan of the desk drawing soon. Oh please no.... no.... I'm looking at it right now. It looks shabby.

Return to Welcome