[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello everyone
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello everyone

Moderator: duey

<<

TruleyUnruly

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:10 am

Hello everyone

Hello :D

I'm new here in case that isn't obvious yet lol. I have been trolling your forums and appreciating the wonderful art I see while browsing for about 2 weeks. I've been in-active in the artistic area for nearly a year, life and other obligations left little time for the art.

I'm a mom of 3 awesome kids, doesn't get much better than that :D. I'm also an artist. No formal schooling regrettably at this point in time. I'm self-taught and was fortunate to have met and learned much from mentors and artists at DeviantArt. I use a variety of mediums,3D graphics and 2D digital painting, and more recently discovered a love for graphite and the feel of a pencil in my hand over the paper.

My digital artwork reflects life I see around me and is as various as my moods, society and the world around me. From sad, romantic, darker and my humorous moods albeit generally a twisted sense of sarcastic humor. I'm only just learning to draw and reference has my focus atm.

I love to laugh, think deep, and inspire others. Great kids, friends, mentors in art, a late in life opportunity to follow my passion in art, the ability to adapt and lots of laughter. I've been blessed!

Whatever the mood or medium it's always from the heart.

Peace!
“I am still learning.” Michelangelo

My DA: truley-unruly.deviantart.com
<<

Arizona

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:20 am

Wow, you should write too. I could have kept on reading, that was so beautiful. I love artists!!! Welcome and I can't wait to read and see more from you!
Check out my da account! http://mcsho.deviantart.com/
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:01 pm

Hello B, welcome to the forum.
Feel free to post your artworks here.
I would like to see your digital pieces as well. :wink:

PS:Just checked on your works at DA...
They're WONDERFUL!
Did you have any references while doing them?
My fav would be the "The Devil Made Me Do It"...very nice rendering.
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

TruleyUnruly

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:10 pm

Arizona Amy : Thank you :) I hear that alot but over the years my grammar and punctuation lessons have left me lol. I think that is what holds me back, I loved creative writing but terrible with sentence structures etc. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your work as well.

Straycat: Thank you too! No reference is used for the digital until I got more into the painting than I used the DAZ models or models created in Cinema4D for pose reference. 15 hr to 3 day renderings became less fun and more frustration for me in the end and then I got a pencil and while I am limited skill wise I cannot wait for the day I can put what I see in my head or from photo reference to paper with a little more confidence and hopefully more skill :shock:

straycat I've seen your digital skills go leaps and bounds in just the 2 weeks I've been observing here, people like you give people like me hope. Thanks for the welcome to all of you!

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 pm

I can understand your frustration.
I'm spending more time now in front of the computer and that means higher electric bill! :lol:
And I think i enjoy doing digital more than any other medium (for now).
I just hope I can find the right market for my artworks.

Your works are awesome.
I don't know anything about the Daz or the Cinema4D..
but i still think they're incredible.
Maybe you've read that i CAN'T work without a reference...
that's why i really admire those who can produce an artwork without them.

<<

TruleyUnruly

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:50 am

Straycat : I don't really see anything wrong with needing a reference especially if it helps you create the beautiful artwork you do.

With the 3D programs I basically used a model in the programs for pose reference and since the models aren't anatomically correct (real flesh don't just cut into itself and some poses you can put the models in aren't actually possible so knowing anatomy helped keep some "realism" to it.

I'm like you though for people who can draw completely without reference I'm in awe. I am one of those people who learn best visually and the references help keep proportion etc. You have so much detail in the depp drawing that isn't easy to do and adds to the realism which while there may be hundreds of Depp images there are only a few that really stand out and your's would be on that list. Reference or not keep it up and I do hope you find a market for it if anything there are lots of jobs in the gaming industry and CGI that require art skills in detail like your able to achieve.

As for my art, I dunno. When you make it and it's a step up from the one before it's your masterpeice and than time goes on and you learn more or develop a better eye and think OMG why did I ever put that up :shock: particularly moreso when you see what others are able to do in various mediums. Thanks for the compliments it means alot coming from you.

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:30 am

TruleyUnruly
Thanks Brenda....
I am a man of few words coz I struggle when i have to communicate in English..
But I just want to say THANK YOU....
what you said here somehow enliven my spirit.
Cheers!

Return to Welcome