[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hey!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey!

Moderator: duey

<<

Ashbad

Brand New Member

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Hey!

Hello, forums! I'm very new to drawing, and rather new to producing any art at all. I actually started as a pixel artist a few months ago: http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile_tab_icons.asp?id=38034 While my first piece on the bottom of that list was actually a modified trace of another image, every subsequent one was based on a base sketch I myself drew. Once I realized that producing any original art would require learning the fundamentals of drawing, I started drawing about half an hour a week or less, which probably wasn't the best move, as I didn't see much improvement over that time. 2 weeks ago, I finally started to take things seriously, and now I'm drawing an hour a day (I'd still like to do more, but I'm busy during the week.) Things I'm currently practicing:

- Drawing simple to semi-complex 3-Dimensional shapes at different angles, practicing shading them with contrasting values and the basics of perspective
- Drawing human portraits and objects from life

What I want to do soon (once I feel a bit more ready):

- Study human anatomy

Hope I'll get some good C+C here! :)
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Hey!

Welcome to the forum Ashbad.
Can you post some of your pencil work here, maybe we can help get you where you need to be.

Carl.

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Hey!

Hi,,and welcome to the forum,,if u could post some of ur studies u'v done recently some of us may be able to give some advice or direction about what to learn more where to focus and improve,,if u are here ro learn to draw than im sure that e'll be able to help u and push to right way
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you

Return to Welcome