New guy

Moderator: duey

<<

Darkranger85

Brand New Member

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:59 pm

New guy

Hey all,

I'm new to the drawing scene and I would really like to make some progress, my problem is that first of all I am about as low on the scale as you can go. I can draw a half ways decent looking stick figure, and that's the upper end of my skills.

I've been searching for a decent drawing course both online and off. All the actual classes don't start till spring and the online ones I'm not willing to pay for because they are nearly as expensive as the actual class, just without the ability to talk face to face with a teacher.

Most of the free sites I find end up being nothing more than a collection of "beginner level" projects. I am desperately trying to find an A-Z lesson plan.

I looked at the tutorial page here in the forum and I did see a couple that peeked my interest, but I am hoping that someone might know where I can find an actual complete course.

I'd also be interested if an experienced drawing expert wanted to "take me under their wing" so to speak. :)

Any advice and whatnot is also very much appreciated!

Thanks guys and I hope that one day I'll have a drawing that is worthy of being shown here! :)
<<

Dexter

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: New guy

Welcome. I think most people here would be willing to help. I'm up for the challenge, but I am no expert. You can try some of these 101 Basics here - http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=335 - to help get you started and find your way. If you are looking for more, I'd be happy to help. :D
<<

Darkranger85

Brand New Member

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Thank you for the link and the offer of assistance! :)

I'll take a look at them and get back to you. Hopefully with a picture to give you so you can see how bad I am :-P
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 am

Hi and welcome... i must agree with dexter there are good guys here who are able to help with tips and advices,,first thing is to start drawing,,posting the pictures here about ur work,,so we can c and help what to do and where,,also there would be good to know what exactly is ur interest,,i mean what u wanna be able to draw,,either is it abstract,colors or b&w, is it nature or animals, is it figures or portrait...

I'll have a look later on my external hard drive i should have a e-book "learning to draw",,where there is a complete way from the very beginning how to hold pencils,,make lines and shadows etc..if i still got i can send it to u to ur mail
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you

Return to Welcome