[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hey everyone
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey everyone

Moderator: duey

<<

Kev

Brand New Member

Post Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey everyone

Helly everyone, just a short introduction of myself.
My name is Kevin, im 20, almost 21 years of age.
I live in the Netherlands.
I've been drawing for a long long time now, but i've never been good at drawing realistic things especially people.
I've always heard people say how good of an drawer I am, but I came here and realised what I thought myself was true, im just an average drawer.
I really want to learn and get better at making realistic pencil drawings of people.
The main thing I need to learn is how to shade correctly and I should get that view of what to actually draw and what to create with shading.

Im sure I can learn a lot from you guys, like what utilities to use, pencil drawing wise.
How to shade correctly, and how to create highlights etc.
Also I've already learned by looking at the forum as a guest, that using a grid helps.
I've never used a grid before, that may be, why I always sucked at drawing people, not talking about the shading but the outlines.

Also what I'd really like to know is what pencils should I get, what kind of eraser is best?
Currently all I own is a graphite stick and a HB pencil. Shame I know.

I hope you guys will help me wherever you can.
I'll mainly be active on weekends since I have a fulltime job, where I make a fair amount of hours on weekdays ( average of 12-14 hours a day ).

Enough about me, let the studies begin!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Re: Hey everyone

Hi kev, You don't need to spend a fortune to get started,get the basics and just practice,i'm sure you can buy cheap art-packs in the shops.As you progress,buy better equipment.Don't forget E-Bay also.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Kev

Brand New Member

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:31 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.

Return to Welcome